Accurate cavity detection without the radiation
It is especially good for the following:
- Children or adults who don’t want extra radiation from X-rays.
- Children who can’t tolerate X-ray film or holders in their mouth.
- People who have had cancer or been irradiated.
- People who are challenged in anyway.
- Adults who can’t open their mouth open wide enough for various reasons to get film and holder in their mouth.
- People who have a hard time staying still for x-rays.
In addition to this new service we offer a wide range of dentistry from highly esthetic concerns, to implant restoration, to simple restorations like tooth colored composites.
Be served in a warm and inviting office looking office with very warm and caring longtime staff. Also, emergencies are seen the same day if possible.
*CariVu is not a detection method for all cavity-detecting situations, but is a great alternative to x-rays in many cases.
In the image, healthy tooth enamel shows off its translucency and appears as a pale ghost, but damaged or decayed enamel is a dark color, showing off as a darker grey or black. This technology can be used in your routine dental checkup to examine concerning but indistinct findings on your x-rays.
CariVu allows us to:
- See lesions inside the tooth
- Illuminate damage that exists between teeth
- Immediately capture useful images of the tooth
- Image without radiation
- Get additional views of suspected damage
- Catch small lesions in hard-to-see places
- Be sure treatment is necessary before work begins
CariVu is an ideal complement to diagnostic x-rays. With this new technology, we can ensure nothing is overlooked during your routine exams. For more information, please contact our office.